Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Philip A. Fontenot practices in the area of civil and commercial litigation. Mr. Fontenot has extensive experience in the fields of product liability, premises liability and insurance coverage disputes. He represents large merchants and individuals in the defense of personal injury and property damage cases.
Mr. Fontenot’s legal affiliations include the Louisiana Trial Lawyers, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Louisiana Bar and Lafayette Parish Bar Associations as well as the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, where he joins his law partner, James Davidson III.
He was invited to join the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). The organization focuses on educating the public on the Seventh Amendment giving citizens the right to a trial by jury. It has more than 5,000 members nationwide. Extensive jury trial experience is required to become a member.
Mr. Fontenot was born in Lafayette, Louisiana in 1960 and admitted to the Louisiana State Bar in 1985. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Southwestern Louisiana in 1982 and his law degree from Louisiana State University in 1985. Mr. Fontenot is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Louisiana and the U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Class Action Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Louisiana, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana – 1985
- University of Southwestern Louisiana – 1982
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel