Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Scott M. Richard primarily practices in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, with a primary focus on premise liability and general defense. Mr. Richard also has a practice background including insurance defense and litigation of insurance bad faith claims.
Scott was born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana, and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 2011. In 2015, Scott obtained his Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, graduating cum laude. While in law school, Scott was an active member of the Moot Court Program, competing on Loyola’s First Amendment team in his second year as well as the National Moot Court Team in his third year. For his success in the program, Scott was inducted into the Order of Barristers in 2015. Scott also participated in Loyola’s Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic, wherein he represented Jefferson Parish in child support enforcement actions.
Scott is admitted to practice before all Louisiana Federal and State courts, including the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit and joined the firm in 2016. In his spare time, Scott enjoys traveling and camping.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial litigation
- General business litigation
- General casualty litigation
- All Louisiana State Courts
- Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Loyola University New Orleans, College of Law
- Juris Doctor – May 2015
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Bachelor of Arts – December 2011
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
- John M. Duhe Jr. American Inn of Court