Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Hallie P. Coreil practices general casualty litigation, with an emphasis on premises liability, and governmental liability litigation, including civil rights defense, public records issues, and civil service issues. She has significant trial and appellate experience, in both State and Federal Courts.
Hallie is a magnum cum laude graduate of LSU’s E.J. Ourso School of Business. She received her Juris Doctorate and Degree of Civil Law Studies from LSU Paul M. Hebert School of Law. She is admitted to practice before all Louisiana Federal and State courts, including the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. Her professional memberships include the Louisiana Bar Association, the Lafayette Bar Association, the St. Landry Parish Bar Association, the John M. Duhe Jr. American Inn of Court (2016/2017 President), and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel. She is also a past member of the Lafayette Young Lawyers Association where she served multiple terms on the LYLA Board, and chaired multiple committees.
Hallie was recently invited to join the Litigation Counsel of America as an associate fellow. LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
Hallie is very involved in the Acadiana community. She volunteers with many local organizations including the Lafayette Volunteer Lawyers and the Louisiana Center for Justice, and she is an active participant in the LVL Counsel on Call program. She has received numerous awards for volunteer legal service, including the LSBA 2018 Pro Bono Publico Award. She is also a devoted historical preservationist.
Hallie loves all things outdoors. She is happily married to a fellow lawyer and outdoorsman. They live in the country with their two boys.
Areas of Practice
- General Casualty Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Governmental Liability Litigation
- Civil Rights Defense
- All Louisiana State Courts
- Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- LSU’s E.J. Ourso School of Business, magnum cum laude (B.S. Pre-Law Studies)
- LSU Paul M. Hebert School of Law (Juris Doctorate/Degree of Civil Law Studies)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association
- John M. Duhe Jr. American Inn of Court (Past President)
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Lafayette Young Lawyers Association
- Lafayette Volunteer Lawyers
- Louisiana Trust for Historic Preservation
- Coastal Conservation Association